Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Decisions

Getting old sucks. Really. My stepmother is now 80 and because of her alzheimer's doesn't know anyone except my dad. She doesn't know where she is. She can't dress herself or do much of anything to care for herself. This is very difficult for my dad who has been trying to care for her. The stress has caused him to lose weight and put his health in jeopardy. That is why he has decisions to make. He is looking at nursing homes, but having a very difficult time of it. He knows that she will have better professional care in a home and that he will have less stress. But in his heart, he doesn't want to put her somewhere where she will not know anyone. It's difficult for him and all I and my brothers can do is support him in whatever he decides.

No comments: