Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving...A year later

Now that we are getting ready to celebrate another year, I can laugh about last year. I spent Thanksgiving last year with my son in Fayetteville, NC. He had just had surgery and wasn't getting around well. Therefore I did most of the shopping and preparing. He really wanted a fried turkey, so we bought a turkey fryer and oil. The night before Thanksgiving, I made the traditional pumpkin and pecan pies. The pumpkin pie turned out beautifully. But the pecan never set. I think maybe the altitude difference. Whatever the reason, we had soupy pecan pie. That's not too bad. Preparing the fried turkey was a problem. Two college graduates and we had trouble figuring out how to get the fryer put together. Then on Thanksgiving morning discovered that we had no matches or lighters in the house. So I got to drive to a convenience store buy a lighter. Once I got back, we couldn't get the dang thing to light. Once we figured out how to light it, the fryer wouldn't stay lit. Finally, we figured out how to keep it lit and got the turkey cooked. Thankfully his friend brought over a bottle of wine. I know that doesn't help cook a turkey, but it sure did help the turkey cooker. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...


Great post

http://fastweightlossadvices01.blogspot.com/