Monday, June 22, 2009

My friend

I want to blog a series about my trip to Cancun. But not tonight. Tonight I want to say good bye to a dear, dear friend. Nancy has been a close friend, family for all intents and purposes, for the last 29 years.
Nancy, we shared laughs and tears. We've gone dancing, had Thanksgiving and Christmas together, played cards and drank endless cups of coffee at the table together. We didn't get to go on the cruise we were planning last year, but you are now on your final journey. Take care, my friend. You have loved ones here that will miss you dearly. But, I know that you are now pain free and joining those who went before you. Give George and Henry big hugs for me. I miss and love you.

4 comments:

sisser said...

Sista, what a joy she must have been for you and I'm sure you were to her. So sorry for the loss.

Reinagirl said...

Thank you, sista. It was her son, who is about my age, that reminded me how long we have been friends. It's not often you find friends that stay with you for a lifetime.

sisser said...

That is so true, sista. You were very blessed and I know you know it.
Sending big ole hugs.

Darla said...

This makes me cry....and you are so right...we dont' find friends that stay for a lifetime....