Friday, June 5, 2009

Have to stay connected

So, I leave home with a co-worker at 7:30 yesterday morning, drive to Amarillo and pick up four children. We board a plane at 11:50 and finally make it to El Paso almost 5 hours later. Not a bad trip...only a little bit of sprite was spilled on my digital camera, but it was okay. After letting the boys play games on my laptop, my battery had run down. No biggie...I can plug it in once I get to my brother and sister in law's house.
Well, my laptop doesn't work. Now we have a problem. I take it to Best Buy and find out that the warranty expired May 13th. Well, isn't that always what happens. They can send it in, but it'll take two weeks to get it back. Helloooo...I don't live in El Paso. I'm leaving Sunday. But...all is not lost. Apparently the problem is that I live in a dusty area. Lubbock and El Paso aren't that different. After blowing dust out of the fan area and around the sides, my laptop works. Let's just hope it continues to work. Two weeks without my laptop is almost impossible to imagine!

2 comments:

Darla said...

That would have sent me into panic mode...Glad your up and running!

sisser said...

Cat hair is the culprit here. I have to clean out my computer regularlly.Glad you are back up and running.