Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whew

Sooo...I'm zipping back to Lubbock from Amarillo this afternoon in my rental and pass a DPS car. I'm only going 72 and nobody gets pulled over for 72 on I27, so I don't slow down. Lo and behold, on come the lights and over I go. I can't believe it. The officer approaches my car and says, "Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm pulling you over because you don't have a front license plate and they are required in Texas." Whew! I quickly told him that I was in a rental and showed him the contract. I told him where I work and why I was traveling today. He smiled and asked me to do him a favor. Of course I said, 'Sure." He asked me to tell the rental company that they need a front license plate and then told me to have a good day. What a nice officer!

4 comments:

sisser said...

Sista, you have the strangest happenings. Was he cute??

Reinagirl said...

He wasn't too bad, sista. Strange happenings do make life interesting.

sisser said...

Life is interesting then, sista. Or is it I just live among "strangers"?
LOL

Reinagirl said...

You do live among strange people, sista...and I'm not talking about the mister or the lil missy. It's the other Canadians. LOL