Monday, February 4, 2008

Friends

The greatest wealth in the world is to have friends. I don't mean people who say, "Oh yeah. You're my friend. See ya sometime." I mean friends that call you because they can see that you are in a crappy mood and want to make sure that you are allright. Or friends that call you at 3:00 AM because they are in pain and want someone to take them to the ER. That has happened to me and I'm still planning on an appropriate way to get back at him. Which is okay, because friends are allowed to reciprocate. Friends can yell at each other and be back to normal in hours because friends know more about each other than family ever will.
I treasure the few people that I can really call a friend because those few people know things about me that could get me in big trouble but, because they are my friends, will never use the information against me. Of course, this works inversely as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've recognized this more than your fair share of times in the field you're in, as well have I ... but the sad reality is that even when it seems like family should be our greatest source of friendship, comfort, loyalty, etc., that clearly is not always the reality.

That's why having friends is extremely important, on so many levels. I have told many people with whom I've worked that sometimes, the best family we can make for ourselves is a "new" family out of trustworthy friends.

We can't pick our family, but we can pick our friends.

I am fortunate in my own family, for sure, but I've seen too many people who truly do have to create new families from their friends.

Nice post.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree about the friendship. I have a sister here who I'm extremely close to, but I don't know what I'd do without my friends. Some of my dearest friends are the ones I talk to every night, and I'm so looking forward to seeing them soon.
These friends have been with me thru thick and thin, have stood by me, supported me, defended me, and shown me that they are true friends. I am blessed to have them, and I love them all!
Very nice post, Sista..

Anonymous said...

Sista, that's what true friends are for. I would expect the same from my friends. Keep me honest please.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks for all the positive comments. I do have the best friends here.

Ron said...

I like the new color scheme. It's more like you. If I were to make one suggestion it might be a larger font size. Not much but a little larger.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks, Ron. I'll check into that. It would make it easier to read.