Saturday, May 24, 2008

Adoption

I had an adoption yesterday. The girl was being adopted by her uncle and aunt. They were all so happy. One of the things we do for the kids when they are adopted is let them choose a teddy bear. She chose the biggest one we had after spending several minutes contemplating which one she wanted. When we left the courthouse, she asked me if I could keep coming to visit. I told her that I could stop by and say hi, but that I no longer had to come every month to check on how everything was going. She said she wanted me to come by sometime. Then she hugged me, not once, but three times. This is one of the reasons why I love my job. I have two more adoptions next week. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy it must be to see new families come together. I can only imagine being able to touch lives as you do Sista. The rewards must be awesome.