Thursday, July 24, 2008

Airport ramblings

My friends know I travel a lot for work. I was sitting in the Victoria airport thinking why did I bother to show up almost an hour before my flight? There are two flights out of Victoria and two flights into Victoria daily. Only Continental flies there. My flight left at 6:20 in the morning. Had I missed it, I would have had to wait until 4:10 in the afternoon to get out. Twelve passengers were on the plane. My ticket was for seat 4B. The airline hostess asked us to sit in rows 7 and back for weight distribution. Needless to say, flights like this are very interesting. Before this experience, the smallest airport I had flown to was in Tyler. Tyler at least has a choice of airlines. You can fly Continental or American. I found the Tyler airport interesting because the ticket agent was also took the boarding pass when it was time to board the plane and went out to the runway to guide the plane with the flags. I do like multitasking.
Maybe I'll write about the larger airports and the fun I've had running down the halls in order to make my flights some day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like airports. The best people watching places.

Reinagirl said...

Yes, they are sista. I really like people watching in the larger airports.

Reinagirl said...

Yes, they are sista. I really like people watching in the larger airports.

Anonymous said...

The larger the airports are the best for people watching. I've been to a few and enjoy watching the interactions of my fellow travelers. I've meet, being the bashful girl that I am, some really interesting people sitting in a terminal.

Anonymous said...

Are you married? I've heard speak of granddaughter, son, but no mention of a husband. Just wondering.

Reinagirl said...

These days it's hard to tell, I'm sure. I don't know that it matters with what I blog about, but I am divorced.