Friday, August 22, 2008

A little of this and that

I went to Florida for work last week and had a wonderful time. Oops, that doesn't sound like work, does it? Well, I was paid for going and still had a wonderful time. I'll blog about the trip later. It wasn't so wonderful when I got home Monday. I walked into the hall bath and found water on the floor. I thought the toilet was leaking and called the plumber. The good news is my toilet is fine. The bad news is I had a slab leak. The plumber asked me what was behind the wall in the bathroom. I told him a bedroom closet. We went to check out the closet and the carpet in that bedroom was soaking wet. The plumber cut out part of my wall and discovered that the leak was not in the wall. He turned off my water and told me he would be out to fix it the next day. I ended up spending the night with friends. The leak is fixed. It was actually at floor level. My insurance company may not pay anything because they only pay if the leak is above the floor. So, after $1,070, my leak is fixed. At least the electric company will adjust my bill. I don't know how much yet, but every little bit helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang Sista, the joys of home ownership. Glad you were able to get it fixed in a timely manner. Hope the insurance company covers it. Can't wait to read your blog on the trip to Florida. We missed you!