Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A girl's best friend

No, it's not diamonds. Not for the traveling girl, anyway. My best friend when I am traveling for work is mapquest. Of course, if someone wanted to give me a portable GPS, I wouldn't say no. It is so nice when mapquest takes you right where you want to go. I have been misled by mapquest before, so this is a serious matter. Today, I took a child to Alvin. I mapquested from Hobby airport in Houston to the placement and mapquest worked like a charm. Usually when I am flying, I run short on time. I rush to the airport praying that I make my flight. I have had some very close calls. Today, I had all the time in the world. I stopped in Pearland on the way back to the airport and had a great BBQ lunch. Once I arrived at the airport, I had plenty of time to browse and buy Dharma and Lauren overpriced gifts from one of the gift shops. They were happy. It is really nice to be able to relax and not worry about getting lost or missing my flight.

5 comments:

Ron said...

It starts out "a girl's best friend" then says straight away it isn't diamonds. I was skeert to read the next line. I think I need to stop reading "those" sorts of blogs before they warp my mind. :)

Reinagirl said...

Ha. Ron, you know me well enough to know that I'm not worried about whether or not I have diamonds...although, I wouldn't turn them down if they were given to me. ;)

sisser said...

Ron, what where you thinking?? LOL.Girls have many "best friends" that aren't diamonds. Sista I'm glad you had a great flight this time.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks,sista. I was looking at a GPS unit at Sam's the other day. That might make a great gift if one of my sons would take a gentle hint.

Anonymous said...

You travel quite a bit..I didn't realize you did. Driving in Houston is bad news anyway....Be careful! You do need a GPS...I agree!

My IPhone has one built into it and it's great...Also it will tell me exactly where my car is parked if I go to a large event...I just have to get use to working it..so many features on that thing!