Saturday, February 7, 2009

Office move

Ok, it's official. We will move to our 'temporary office' next week. I went to the office this afternoon to start packing. Start is the correct word. I will spend several hours tomorrow and probably stay late Monday and Tuesday to have it done by Wednesday. Man, I have the smallest office of anyone on my unit. How did I get so much stuff? Of course, most of it is case files. I have 11 boxes of case files so far. I estimate that I need about 16 more. That doesn't include the files that are in the bookshelf in our hallway. I have case files out there that I don't use now, but have to pack and take to the new building because they go with my current files. They are in the hall because they wouldn't fit in my office. I did get my personal stuff off the walls and packed up. Between my co-workers and myself, we have boxes stacked down the hallway and sore muscles and backs. I'm trying to make sure that I pack files that I don't generally need separate from the ones I have to access on a regular basis. I don't want to unpack any that I don't have to if we are moving again in six months or so. Also, I decided to file paperwork that has been stacking up while I am packing the files. Might as well get it done all at once. I think we should have a party once we get moved. We deserve it.

No comments: