Monday, January 28, 2008

A Fun Trip

I had to go to Childress this afternoon for work. So I thought I would write a blog for my friends, Sisser and Brandy. They are living in snow country and would like to see some warm weather.

Sista, Brandy...don't you two snowbunnies be mad, but I had to turn on the A/C on my way to Childress today. It was that warm. But before you start envying me, let me tell you about the fun game I got to play on the way. First, I played "dodge the tumbleweed blowing across the road." Then, I played "dang, I hope there's not a car in front of me since all I can see is dirt." I played that little game right around Matador. Thank goodness it didn't last long. And the last game I played on my trip was "can I keep the car from blowing off the road so Enterprise won't be mad at me?" Needless to say, I was having a great time.In Childress, once I had finished the business I was there for, I had a wonderful meal with Iggy. That was great fun and I look forward to more. It was getting dark by the time I left Childress, so the wind had died down. That is good, because it gave me more of a chance to focus on the deer that live out in the scrub brush. It is amazing how those sweet little deer like to congregate on the side of the road and then time the speed of your car so that they can romp across the road right as you are getting close to them. I only almost hit one of them. Took a while for my heart to quit racing after that one. I guess that was my aerobic workout for the day. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I had a blonde moment in Matador. Did you know that there are two highway 70s in Matador. There is US 70, which I need to take to Floydada. And there is State 70, which I actually got on and headed north, thinking, "I shouldn't be going north. I should be going west." Thankfully, I was able to shake off the blonde moment before I ended up in Minnesota or somewhere. Had to turn around and get back on the right highway. So, how was your day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never taken the opportunity to meet "iggy," but I just want her to know that Childress is near and dear to my heart. My parents are from there, and while I think you must be much younger than they are, I wonder if you know any of the people they know.