Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cross country travel

I have added Atlanta to my list of cities that have traffic jams in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Ok, up to this point, only Cincinnati was on the list. Chicago is on my list for traffic jams on a Sunday afternoon for no apparent reason. Back to the topic, my son and I were driving through Atlanta on I20 last night and making good time until we came upon the jam. Three lanes of traffic not moving. In fact, we sat in one spot so long that I turned the engine off. We finally made it through the jam, traffic picked up and about a mile down the road, whammy...another jam. At least this one had a reason. Three lanes of traffic merged into one for construction. This jam didn't last long, we got through and drove through the night. We did run into a small jam outside of Weatherford for construction early this afternoon, but that one barely rates a mention. We didn't even have to stop completely. I enjoy driving across the country, but next time, I think I would like to do most of the driving during the day so I can enjoy the sites. We did stop in Odessa for the night. We do have to watch the Tech/Texas game. We should be in El Paso early tomorrow afternoon. There is no rush now and I'll be flying home on Thursday. It's been a fun and interesting week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sista, I envy your trip. I too love to drive across country. I hope you enjoyed the game. I was rooting for UT. Have a safe trip into El Paso and keep us posted.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks, sista. You were rooting for UT? Awww, sista. I can't believe that. Well, sorry for your loss, but...yipee!

Anonymous said...

Ah, sista I had to root for UT we have graduates in the family. Hats off to Tech, from what I heard it was a good game.