Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November

November mean Thanksgiving, getting ready for Christmas, colder weather, adoptions. Ok, most of you don't know what adoptions have to do with November, but they do. November 15th is National Adoption Day. On November 14th, the 15th is a Saturday, Lubbock will have several adoptions. It's a special time, with gifts for the families, speeches, punch and cookies. Some counties actually hold their National Adoption Day on Saturday, but we always have ours on Friday. Last year I was fortunate enough to attend in Lubbock on Friday and in El Paso on Saturday. I had 11 children that I work with adopted those two days. This year I have 5 children that I work with being adopted. I know, slacking a little there, but I had two adoptions in October and have five more coming up pretty quickly. There's a lot of work that goes into this, but it is one of the best days of the year and definitely worth the work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sista, what a wonderful time you must all have on National Adoption Day. Slacker? Nope, that is one thing we will never say about you. I salute you and all your co-workers.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks, sista. I think we have the best unit and workers. We usually get along great and help each other out when one gets overwhelmed. Not everyone works that well together.