Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm learning

Several of my foster homes and relative placements have my cell phone number. As do some CASA workers. That is usually not a bad thing, but sometimes I wonder if they think I work 24/7. Tonight I got a call from a foster parent telling me that he has had it with a child in his home. He wanted me to take the child out of his home tonight. There was no emergency, just frustration. I don't mind talking to him and the child, but I do need my time off also. I, very nicely I hope, told both of them that if they can't work things out for one night, they can call the statewide intake number and an on call worker will handle it. I also let them know that if they do call, to be prepared for a long night. I do work after hours a lot, but after an afternoon of sitting in court and not getting home until after 6:00, I'm not working all night because two people are not getting along. Anyway...enough venting. I really do love my job and the kids. I have fantastic placements and normally will go the extra mile for them. I'm really hoping they will think it is too much trouble to call in tonight and by tomorrow things will look different. We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sista, I sure that was a hard decision to tell them what you did. We all know you do go the extra mile. I hope they worked out the problem themselves. Remember to take care of you so you can take care of you "kids"