Sunday, October 19, 2008

Music, fun and friends

Last night my daughter in law had her 29th birthday party at my house. It was at my house because my son, daughter in law and their two daughters have moved in with me. Do they ever leave home? Just kidding, as I am happy to help them out and have them live with me even if I have lost some of my privacy. But that's another story.
We had probably about 30 or so friends over last night for the party. At least five of them brought their guitars and we had a couple of drums, so it was jam in the back yard night. I do hope my neighbors didn't mind. I didn't get any complaints, anyway. What I found so very interesting though, is that there was such a good mix of people and everyone had a great time. We had the musician, hippy set of friends, the amptgard, geek set of friends and friends that I have known for over 28 years that are almost family. Other than the fact that I am so tired today, I wish we could do this more often. The only thing missing last night were my online friends. Unfortunately, most of them live too far to come and I missed chat. But, we do have our get togethers, also.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Reinasis ... I was just thinking the other day how sad I would be when Jordie is grown and out of the house. I'm thinking I would welcome him back, no questions asked. May this be a time of special bonding and special memories ...

Oh, and when I was 3 years old, my sister, mom and I lived with my grandparents ... even at 3, I will never forget those times. They were my "special" grandparents.

sisser said...

Sista, I've said it before and I'll say it again you are a special lady. I think it's great that you welcome your son and his family back home. Zombie is lucky to have a mom in law like you. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Wish we all could have been there.. you may have had complaints from neighbors then..;)

Reinagirl said...

That is cool, Jamie. I know my two girls love being here.

Sista, my neighbor is a guy, so I know he wouldn't complain about us running around topless with scissors. Hehehe.

sisser said...

Woo Woo, I like nekkid running with scissors. Imagine the fun!