Monday, December 29, 2008

Forums

I wish I understood why some people feel that it is ok to post unfounded accusations about others on forums. I have recently been alerted to the fact that a poster on a forum that I don't go to and don't plan to go to because of personal reasons brought me up in a thread that had nothing to do with me. This poster, as a very good friend warned me, is nothing but a troll trying to cause trouble. He can leave me out of his trouble making ideas. On another forum that I am a regular poster, a poster that has been pretty much lambasted by many of the regulars has accused me of registering another ID and concocting an email about her. I don't know this woman, other than what I have read of her posts and her website, and I have no desire to get to know her. I don't have the time or the desire to waste my time making up anything about her. I have made some very good friends on the forums. I value these friendships. I have a demanding job that sometimes turns into long hours. Reading forums, posting and chatting with my friends is a way for me to relax after long days. For the trolls and crazy people that for some reason can't leave me out of their rantings...please get a life!

2 comments:

sisser said...

Sista, I just saw this post. Some people get too wrapped up in some of the forums. I'm like you my time on a forum, or in a chat room is for relaxation and fun with my friends. I have met some of the most wonderful people online and of course I've met some that aren't so wonderful. I must say though that the good out weight the bad.

Anonymous said...

Don't pay attention to them Reina. I do not know who you are talking about but I do know how it feels to be accused of stuff and then talked about like a Dog by people I once considered friends. Don't let it get to you. I have gone my own way and am very happy and wish I had those people figured out before I lost friendships with others in the past.