Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Adoption

There is nothing that compares to an adoption. I got to participate in another one yesterday. We give the kids a bear to adopt when they are adopted. I asked the 4 year old girl what size she wanted and she said a medium pink bear. I brought three bears to court so she could choose just the right one. She picked her bear without hesitation. The attorney brought her a pink puppy. The little girl was so happy. I don't know how many times she hugged everyone. She told me her new name several times also. A co-worker went to the adoption with me. He told me that I have the fun job. He's right.

2 comments:

sisser said...

I, too, think you have a fun job. Nothing could be better than to see a child adopted into a loving family.
I love the idea of the kids being able to adopt a bear.

Reinagirl said...

Thanks, sista. That part of my job is very fun. Now, if we could just get rid of the paperwork...