Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Too busy

A friend of mine succumbed to cancer. I haven't seen her in a month or so. I knew she was sick, but I just didn't seem to have time to call or visit and see how she was doing. There's always something going on. Now, I am feeling bad because she deserved more. I could have easily called her just to say Hi. I went to her viewing tonight and her husband, son and daughter in law all hugged me and seemed very happy to see me. I, of course, gave the usual platitudes of, "If you need anything at all..." But did I really mean it? I do mean it, but what happens next week when they don't call? I go on with my life. I think we all do this. We mean well. At least I do. But life intervenes. And that is sad. Linda, I miss you. I know you are in a better place. Your faith inspires me and I'm sorry that I wasn't there at the lowest points of your life. Thank you for being my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sista, I'm so sorry about your friend. Sending hugs. Yes, it is very true life does get in our way of doing things we know we need to and want to do. I know I've been in the same situation.